Did you hear who the Keynote Speaker for HEALTHCON 2017? Governor Mike Leavitt! Founder and chairman of Leavitt Partners and former Secretary of Health and Human Services, helps healthcare organizations navigate through today’s healthcare challenges as they transition to new and better models of care. The former three-time elected Governor for the state of Utah-will bring insight into the future of healthcare in an evolving landscape.
The conference will have 80+ educational sessions featuring healthcare experts ranging from physicians to attorneys, coding veterans to compliance experts, and everything in-between; covering an extensive variety of critical topics including, auditing, billing, coding, compliance, facility, practice management, and technology.
Here are some great topics that are being offered:
- E/M: Getting Paid for What you Do
- Toughest Coding Concepts – Panel Discussion
- Navigating NCCI and its Modifiers
- Coding Clinic for ICD-10-CM: What you Need to Know
- Coding Versus Auditing: Does it Boil Down to Medical NEcessity
- Forensic Auditing vs Compliance Auditing – Understanding the Difference
- Telehealth: An Introduction to Implementation and Policy Considerations
- Payer Communications Denials & Appeals
Register today! The price increase $100 on January 14!
Join us at HEALTHCON 2017, May 7-10, at the Rio Las Vegas Hotel, and disprove the old saying of “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.” You can take your healthcare education home with you and improve your entire organization! Spend your days advancing your career, networking with industry experts, and learning from the best hand-picked presenters. And at night, enjoy the “Entertainment Capital of the World,” catching a mind-boggling magic act, gut-busting comedian, award-winning singer, or any other number of performances. Check out the shows playing around the conference dates.
Bring conference to your fingertips with the HEALTHCON mobile app. Get access to a schedule of events, speaker information, maps, and more… all in the palm of your hand. Downloading the app will also allow you to network with other HEALTHCON attendees.
A few of the features include:
- Network with Attendees and Exhibitors: Send one-on-one messages or arrange meet-ups.
- Maps: Find session and exhibitor locations with maps of the exhibit hall and conference sessions. Easily navigate to points of interest, or see who is exhibiting in a booth.
- Activity Feeds: Post messages, share photos, and comment on others’ posts.
- Stay Up-to-Date: Get all of the latest conference announcements and news like schedule changes, reminders, and more.
- Full Schedule: View descriptions, speaker bios, and see where sessions are happening.
- Note: Your schedule is not uploaded into the app automatically. You can select which sessions you are attending individually in the app.
- Leaderboard: We’ll be rewarding those who engage most with the app. Share interesting quotes from speakers, thoughts about a sessions, or pictures with your friends. Take the surveys. We want to see what kind of conference experiences you’re having!
Download the app via the Apple Store or Google Play.
Are you a Star Wars fan? Are you looking for something fun and challenging to do after AAPC’s HEALTHCON? Sign up for the first-ever Star Wars Half Marathon – The Dark Side, taking place at the Walt Disney World® Resort. You’ll be running on Darth Vader’s turf with the Emperor’s white uniformed storm troopers cheering you along. Vader, the Galactic Empire Sith Lord, has a weekend of powerful surprises in store, including spectacular runs, special events, entertainment, and much, much more!
Runners of all ages and abilities are welcome. There’s a half marathon, 10K, 5K, and the run Disney Kids Races. May the Force be with you!
- Timed Half Marathon race
- 1-mile course through the Walt Disney World® Resort
- Entertainment on-course
- Family Reunion Area with live entertainment
- Event Weekend Transportation from the Event Host Resorts
Learn more or see the full event schedule
Make sure you take a break after a full day of educational sessions at HEALTHCON, and what better way to relax than to stop and smell the roses at the Epcot® International Flower and Garden Festival, which is going on concurrently with this year’s national conference. All ages and interest levels are welcome.
- Outdoor kitchens (yum!!)
- New this year: Harmony Gardens Musical Playground
- 70+ world-renowned Disney-themed topiaries
- Lively gardens, flower towers, and wildlife habitats
And if you’re sticking around through the weekend, don’t miss the Garden Rocks™ Outdoor Concert Series! Admission to Epcot is required. Learn more about the Festival or check out the 2016 Garden Passport.